This post is a collection of link and shortcuts that only intend give ideas when we have a problem to report and we don’t know anyone in Ireland.
- Emergency services reachable at the 112 or 999
- Any guarantee to solve the problem
- Reading manuals for you
- Solving boredom
What is a problem:
A matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome.
Report an issue is very easy when you have the right method and the right link.
- Isolate and define your trouble in a few questions:
- What are my expectation of a normal situation?
- What are my rights?
- Is it urgent or important?
- Urgent + Important = Act
- Important, non urgent = Plan
- Urgent, non important = Delegate
- Aucun des deux = Ignore, Eliminate
- Am I affected directly?
- Can I solve it without consequences (physical, morale, material, financial…)
- Visit the website or point of contact named as referent (see table thereafter)
- Check if the problem has already been reported
- You can use a template to describe your complication (i.e. Complaint template letters – CCPC)
- Follow up and close
- Check if it is correctly handled by the service in charge
- Are you happy with the resolution?
- If YES, Close your case and don’t forget to express your gratitude: this not only motivate your community but heal yourself.
- If NO, escalate
- To a Manager
- To a Care team
- To third-party/External service (could be public or private depending on your situation)
Articles that have inspired:Ireland, problem, report